A Passport to Riches
US Megamillions is one of the richest lottery games in the world with a record jackpot of $656 million. Ken tells just why this incredible American lottery never fails to get lotto lovers excited.
40 Million Reasons to Get Super Pumped About Megamillions
US MegaMillions is one of America’s two big lottery jackpot games (together with the Powerball). It is available in most parts of the USA and online from almost anywhere in the world. With a record jackpot of $656 million, public interest in Megamillions is at an all-time high. Played twice a week, each draw offers lottery players the chance to win a jackpot running into tens of millions of dollars.
The first Megamillions draw took place in 2002. Since then, hundreds of lucky people have managed to hit the winning numbers and scoop massive jackpots. Prizes always start at $40 million!
US Megamillions Draw
The draw takes place every Tuesday and Friday at 10:59 P.M. Eastern Time.
How to Play
The Megamillions lottery is played like this:
- Select five numbers between 1 and 70 (inclusive)
- Pick one additional number between 1 and 25 (the Megaball)
5 Things to Consider Before Buying a US Megamillions Ticket
Purchasing a ticket for the next Megamillions super jackpot can be a really difficult decision. After all, there are an awful lot of things to consider before you click that ‘Play’ button. Decisions have to be made, probabilities have to be weighed up, budgetary requirements have to be taken into account. At the end of the day you don’t want to just waste the $2 ticket price of a Megamillions entry on a purely emotional decision, do you?
Here are the top 5 things you should consider before buying your next Megamillions ticket…
- Can you afford the *$2 Megamillions ticket? By far the most important consideration is cost. $2 is a significant investment, you don’t want to just waste that money on something frivolous like a lottery ticket when you have bills to pay and hungry children at home.
- Do the high odds make it worth your while? Let’s be honest here, the odds of achieving that Megamillions payout is astronomical. I mean they’re really high. Your odds of winning the Megamillions super jackpot are like 1 in 302,575,350! Gosh, that’s damn near impossible! Yet when you think about it the Megamillions super jackpot does get won right? Somebody wins. Why? Because they took a chance and were not put off by a little thing like odds and statistics. Your numbers are as likely to come in as anybody else’s. You have the same right to dream as the next guy. Overcoming the odds is what life is all about, people do it every day. Chase your dreams my friend, it’s the American way (even if you are not actually American).
- Do you have the legal right to purchase a Megamillions ticket? You have to be an American, living in the USA to purchase a Megamillions ticket right? WRONG! Oh, the beauty of the internet! You do not need to be a resident of the USA in order to buy an entry into the next Megamillions draw. Tickets do have to be bought in the USA, that much is true. However, by purchasing a ticket through a certified lottery ticket agent such as The Lotter, you are legally entitled to purchase tickets to all the world’s major lotteries, including US Megamillions. What is more, after you have won you are free to take the money out of the country and do with it as you will. Pretty cool huh!
- How many tickets should you buy? Maybe it is just me but one ticket never seems enough. Especially when the Megamillions super jackpot stands at $500 million or higher. I mean what happens if your family’s birthdays fall on the wrong days? You need a backup plan. Luckily, there are a couple of options open to you. You could buy 10 tickets at a 20% discount once the Megamillions super jackpot reaches an absolutely enormous amount, or alternatively, you could take out a weekly subscription for a set amount of tickets and get every 10th Megamillions lottery ticket for FREE!
- What are you going to do with all the money? Now we get to the all-important $40 million question. How are you going to spend all that cash once it hits your bank account? With eye-watering jackpots running into the hundreds of millions (or even billions!) winning the Megamillions opens up a whole new world of opportunities. It also means that relatives you didn’t even know you had will be contacting you to say hi!
[*$2 is the cost of an official Megamillions lottery ticket when purchased within the USA. Due to associated costs related to operating an overseas lottery ticket agency online ticket prices may be higher.]